Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just sharing some thoughts...

We just came in from the patio and man, it's a beautiful evening here. There's a slight breeze, the sky is beautiful and the fireflies are out! It's so amazing to just sit on the patio, looking out and see those little things just lighting up all over. It really makes it feel like summer. I've decided those are one of my favorite things here in the summertime.

God is so good. It's just so amazing how much he loves us. His plan for us is good things, an abundant life. I was just telling Rick the other day that I feel like I'm in a dream, like sometimes, I need to pinch myself. Not that everything is just perfect, but everything is, I guess, peaceful. We feel like we are so right where God wants us right now and that brings a peace to us. Sometimes it's easy to get so comfortable where we are that we forget God's even in the picture. You have things all wrapped up so to speak. You have what you feel is your security, job, paychecks, house and all the stuff, which is great but what if God said to let it all go? You know, I remember many times hearing Pastor Randy ask the staff that question, "With our success, even just where it's at, if God told you to leave it all behind, could you do that? Or are you so wrapped up in things, position, titles, relationships, that you couldn't." I remember thinking, "Sure, I could" but when it actually comes to that, sometimes it's just not that easy. But will you? I know now, that the best security, peace, and fulfillment comes from following GOD. It's amazing what He has for all of us. We think we know so well what we need but really only God knows. Sometimes we're so afraid to let go of what we have, to reach for what God has for us. While we may not be exactly where we want, at least we have something and that's more than nothing....we're afraid to let go for fear we won't ever have something more. I think that's where we were. We loved Fresno and Celebration and everything we did there. Do you really believe God? Or are you afraid you might never have anything again? I think leaving Fresno was the hardest thing we've ever had to do. Leaving security, comfort, people that we love...But in that, because of our obedience, God has blessed us and we are fulfilled in the next level of what He has for us. While things are not perfect and we are totally relying on God, it feels good to know that we are in His perfect will and in His hands. To leave the comfort of everything that is familiar and comfortable and to step out and "walk on the water" is amazing. In the natural, I won't kid you, sometimes it can take every ounce of strength in you, but God always comes through and He never let's you sink. I guess I'm just being a little vulnerable and sharing a little of my innermost thoughts...

Well, I'd better go...church again tomorrow! YEAH! Love you all and miss you like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great post! Very well said! I agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words sis. I am very happy for you all.
    lv ya!

    ReplyDelete