Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

This weekend was a busy one for us. We had set up on Saturday morning. Then on Saturday afternoon, we had a church event at Honeysuckle Hill Farm, which is a great pumpkin patch that has some great fall activities and fun things for kids. It was about a 45 minute drive but it was well worth it. We spent the afternoon just enjoying everything they had to offer. There were two different corn mazes, one for kids and then the regular huge corn maze. There was a cow train ride, hayrides, water balloon slingshot, Hillbilly Pig Races, the small farm animals with calves, horses, goats, bunnies, donkeys, and baby chicks, there were lots of fun play structures for the kids to play on including a huge 40 foot slide, tire swings, and many others. Then at dusk, we all met for a group bonfire where we roasted hot dogs, marshmallows and made smores. We enjoyed time around the bonfire, sitting on hay bales and just having a great time together. It was a great time for the church family to bond and get to know each other.

BEWARE!!! I HAVE WAY TOO MANY PICTURES ON THIS POST! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

My little pumpkin, Alex





Alex at the Milking Parlor

Michael at the Milking Parlor!

Roncie and Alex picking their pumpkins!


I hope Angela doesn't wring my neck for this! I thought it was such a funny picture. If you look closely, you can see Cindy's pink shirt peeking out from behind her. See the four feet! I think Cindy was hiding behind Angela so she wouldn't be in the picture!

Beautiful fall colors, pumpkins and flowers! I love this time of year.
So we ended the evening around 8:30 pm or so. It was a great time of fun and fellowship.

There was something missing though! That was our family. We always do a family outing to take the kids to the pumpkin patch every year. It's become one of those traditions that we just always made happen. It was one of our favorites, right behind our annual Christmas Tree Lane night. We missed you all, Mom, Kris, Hugo and those wonderful three kids! It wasn't the same without you there! We love and miss you guys.

Well I guess we should close this post now since it's gone on forever. Thanks for looking and we'll post again soon. Love and miss you all!

9 comments:

  1. Ok, first off, I am SO embarrassed about that picture!! I can't believe out of all the pics you have, you choose that one of me? LOL. Ok, now that I still have some blackmail video, hmm, maybe now is the time to use it. haha.
    That pumpkin patch was so much fun! Next year, I'm praying the Gumps and Me-Ma will be here for this! This place puts all the other ones to shame! Cute post. And great pictures, all but the one of me on the slide. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what wonderful memories ya'll are making! I love all of the pictures Pastor Sheri. Looks like you all had fun! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love when you post a ton of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta say, all these wonderful fall posts are making me a little jealous...lol. Looks like you all had a lot of fun. I noticed that there wasn't a pic of you on the slide Pastor Sheri...convenient. J/K Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, that pic shows what a fun personality you have, LOL!! Pastor Sheri, I had no idea you had a love of chickens. That puts a different twist on how I see you, LOL!!! Is your kitchen decorated in roosters? You know you are in the south when your kitchen is decorated in chickens, hahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take the most gorgous pictures, you are an awesome photographer. You really bring life to your photos. Don't you just love Fall, it's so pretty and colorful! Have a good Week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, sis...I'm crying right now...really...this is the hardest post to get thru out of all the posts since your blog inception. This one was like a knife in my heart. I am sick to my stomach...sounds like drama..I know!! Whoever is thinking that...well, you just don't know you would handle something until you are in someone elses shoes and quit judging until you're there...Yes I said that...This is the hardest time of year for our family to be apart. Even though some of you say you are away from your families...well, I'm sure you understand, however, from what we have always been told, they're are not a lot of families that are as close as ours. We are extremely close.
    Mike and Ang...you guys look awesome...very relaxed and happy. It really shows on your faces.

    Mike and Cyndi...It's great to see ya'll there. Looks like you've been there since the rest of them. You fit right in.
    We miss you.

    Ash...your sweatshirt is cute...

    Ang..that is the cutest pic on the slide. Don't be embarrased..it's cute..you may not have felt so bad had you not been alone in the pic...

    Now Cyndi...one requirement of you in Nashville with my fam...is you must not duck your head when a photo is being taken. That's a surefire way to get kicked out..haha..just kidding..

    Ang..I would have gone down
    Great post...well I think since I'm crying...i'm not sure about that.
    lv ya..Really hate to go to the pumpkin patch this year without all you. This really sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cortnee-You're absolutely right there are no pictures of me on the slide! Haha. Not for me!

    Larena-It sounds like you've been talking to Angela about the whole chicken and rooster thing! I made one comment and that girl has gone to town with it! She just likes giving me a bad time. Yes, I'm beginning to like chickens! There! I said it! I don't have my kitchen decorated in chickens though! Just a rooster here and there :>)

    Jocelyn & Kari, thanks for your nice words on the pictures. I love pictures! Jocelyn bit me with the bug.

    Kristi, stop before you make me cry. I know this is a tough time of the year for us but we'll get through it. God has us here for a reason and even though we don't understand and hate being apart, I truly believe that He will bring us peace and joy even through that. We miss you guys more than you know!

    Love you all. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That afternoon was so fun. The best pumpkin patch I've ever been to. But mom is right there was only one thing missing and that is my woinderful family who I miss so terribly much!!

    ReplyDelete