Ashley's been doing great in worship. She has really grown quickly and it's so good to see her beginning to develop more and become stronger vocally. Her and Travis work all week on preparation and developing songs and it's really showing. The two of them, along with Mike are really beginning to gel as a team and they are really learning to flow together.
This weekend, Travis did a special song for Fourth of July celebration, "The Bells of Freedom" by Bon Jovi. That was really wild to have a Bon Jovi song in church! But obviously we checked lyrics closely and it was a really cool song for the holiday. He did a great job on it.
Everyone's getting involved in the work of tearing down after service. And this isn't everyone, we had people taking things to the trailer, packing up the children's classes and anything else that needed to be done. What was funny was that some of the women began trying to carry totes to the trailer. I (Sheri) told them "Oh no, don't do that, we let they guys get those with their handtrucks." Well, needless to say they didn't listen to me...as one was heading out the door, she turned around to me and just said, "We're from the south!" I laughed, it was so funny. When she came back in she said, "I don't know what I meant by that other than if we want something done, we're better off to just do it ourselves." We all had a great laugh.
This is one of our women, April, talking with Rick's mom. She's was one of the "south-toting-women"! She is such a sweet person. She is married with three boys, very active boys! She is so eager to learn and has such a heart for the things of God. She is like a sponge and just takes in everything you say.
And this is Rick carting off one of April's sons. They were enjoying getting in and being put to work.
Ashley and her little helper! 
This little girl seems to have really taken to Ashley. She will just talk to Ashley and let her hold her and here they were enjoying something funny! Maybe she likes her because Ashley always shows her where the cookies are!
And in honor of Pastor Robyn...our two dedicated workers and their "mobile offices". Robyn, Queen of the Mobile Office, you ROCK!We are really having a great time seeing God build the house and being able to just pour into the lives of people. Rick and I have been talking about how most of these people, even though some have come from church backgrounds, have not really been taught the Word. They are all like new babies so we're having to teach from point 1. And while we are, they are just sitting with their mouths open wanting more. It's just amazing that God picked us to be able to do this. We are so blessed!
We love you and miss you all!
It is truly amazing to watch these people help. Without even asking they are right by your side and just jump in and help. All of the are starting to gel as a church family not just a bunch of strangers in a room. I have to say God is great!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, this post got me a little "choked up"...Just to see this unfolding and seeing the people that God is bringing into the house is just amazing! Seeing everybody put their hands to something is great! They truly are taking hold of the vision. God is so amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou really don't have to post this,Sis. I don't care if you do, cause pretty much everyone knows how I feel anymore.
ReplyDeleteI have to say, I am very, very happy for all of you, but I also have to say it dropped a huge rock in the pit of my stomach and tears to my eyes to see Unle Rick and Ash, interacting with kids very close to the same ages as mine and doing the same things they would do with mine. Those kids quite resemble ours. All the while, mine are getting bigger and bigger, and more and more time passes each day. No ones fault, and I'm not blaming anyone at all, and no guilt. It's just been a very hard year for us in very many ways. Those kids they are very lucky to have all of you in their lives. I'm glad we can share. Well, not really.
We love you all very much!!! And miss the heck out of you.
Love T!!!
We know, T. The hardest part of this is being separated from family. There is no one that could ever take the place of your kids or you guys. There's a hole in us that no one else can fill. We love you all!
ReplyDeleteThat little girl is so cute. In a way she reminds me of myself. On the outside she is all girl with the dresses and bows but on the inside she isn't afriad of a little dirt and bruises. I was helping a little boy at church find the cookies and I handed him a cookie on a napkin but he only took the cookie. And he told me with his strong southern accent, "You need to throw that in the trash." It was adorable. But Mom is right Ti. Your kids I hold so close to my heart that no other child could ever replace them. Infact being with all the other kids just makes me miss the gump kids even more.
ReplyDeleteOh ya I forgot I love the box on wheels idea Robyn! So helpful.
ReplyDelete