Monday, July 14, 2008

A Greeting from Rick...

Hi this is Rick again. I know we usually give our Sunday update but I just wanted to share a few words with you all. Words can't really express how we are feeling right now. The goodness of God goes so far past our understanding. When I stand back and see just what God is doing here, it almost doesn't seem real. Every week we are experiencing more of God personally and as a church. That doesn't mean we don't have our moments when things feel like you're in the pressure cooker of life, but even when we are, there is such a peace in our hearts. We are truly seeing the hand of God on this journey. Every week we are seeing new people that are becoming a part of Gateway Life Church, we are seeing all these different people becoming a church family. I'm not talking about a cute little church club, these people are taking ownership of a vision for this region. They are becoming one people, living their lives with purpose. It is wild to see them begin to activate God's Word in their lives like they never have before.

Sheri and I have experienced the goodness of God so much in our lives. We would not be where we are today if it had not been for having great leaders in our lives like Pastors Randy and Cherie. There are certain moments in life that you just never forget. After finding some old pictures recently, I've been thinking back to a Sunday morning on September 13, 1998, when Pastor Randy laid hands on me in a special Ordination Service...it was there he ordained me for ministry and I know an impartation took place. That moment forever changed my life and I'll never forget it. They taught us many great things as leaders. One of those things was to stay faithful to God and be sensitive to His voice. That's always been my desire and something I always strive to do is to hear God's voice above all others.

So now as I sit here and think about that time to where I am now, I know God has had his hand upon us all through these years, in preparation for the great undertaking He's called us to now. We've been trained and prepared by the best so we feel that with that on our side and God in our corner, there's nothing but greatness ahead!

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. Just know that you are helping to reach a people here in the Bellevue area of Nashville. We are seeing first hand, lives being changed and people engaging in kingdom business.

We love you and miss you all!

Rick

4 comments:

  1. miss you pastor rick... you are awesome... love bob b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob! Man, miss you too! Great to hear from you. Love, P.Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1998! Wow, that was the year I first walked into Celebration. Youve coem a long way Pastor Rick. Im proud to have been a part of your families life. Its exciting to read your blogs and see the people that the Lord is sending in. To see the videos and hear these folks say they love you is a blessing. I love seeing the little girl from your first service! I knew theyd be back! I love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee! Wow, you've been with us for quite a while. We've been blessed to have you in our lives. We love and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete